The Year of the Bunny

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which Pairing do you prefer for BB?

33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 3

The Year of the Bunny

Post by TheUltimateCombo on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:26 am

Was what, two years ago?
Anyways, this is dedicated to the love and life of Elwood City's Big Eating Private Eye:
Buster Baxter.

Probably have more fics dedicated to him than there are planets in Star Wars.
Now while some like Buster because he's a rabbit, or because he's a goofball, that's not me. My favorite animal's a tiger(white tiger to be specified), but I like Buster because he reminds me of...well me!

I'm a socially off big eating alien conspirator detective tuned teenager.

Now in many fanfics, Buster(especially Adult/Teenage Buster) is seen as a slacking off big uncle to *Insert Character*'s kids, siblings, and the like. I see Buster as a kick-butt ECPD detective, or the occasional PI. Or maybe one day he'll be a secret agent, fighting to save the world. Bunny Bond, anybody?

There are three aspects of Buster I touch on a lot:

Profession
His episodes as a detective really strike this cord with me. I almost always see him becoming an officer in the future. And I think that he'd do good work. Elwood City:Criminal Intent, case in point.

Another fic of mine, When Tragedy Strikes, case in point.

When ever fish start smelling in Elwood City, Buster's bringing the air freshener.
Okay that was terrible...

Romance
This has been a constant enemy of the Baxter.
Other enemies include the Cybermen and Daleks, who feel no love.

Anyway, among the fandom, Buster's an *ahem* man-whore for lack of more appropriate terms.

Francine, Sue Ellen, Kate(aged up), Fern, Arthur Shocked, Ladonna, OC after OC(okay, I'm guilty), have all, at one point or another, shown affection towards Sterling Buster Baxter.

In all honesty, I think of all of these as your average crush(sans maybe Kate, that'd be much older).
And while I can't be a true shipper of any one Buster pairing(too many OCs in line), each one has it's place.

For instance(in my headcanon):
Buster took Ladonna to prom.
Buster dated OC Samantha Kepler for a while(if I get back to When Tragedy Strikes(an in-progress fic) she'll be his wife).
In the showverse(different than my main fanfic verse) Buster and Fern are a couple.
In an AU, Buster and Kate date when they've been aged up enough.

And that's a wrap of that category.

Personality
Personality...Personality...

Buster is a rare case for me. He's either a super gruff detective(WTS), or he's your state of the art fun lover, self preserver, and overall Buster. He's either gotten himself stuck up the creek, or he's commandeering another boat. In EC:CI, he's a quiet, observative detective. He pinpoints a case, stringing together multiple, seemingly separate facts to make a cohesive case, and draw out the confession. He's also a suave romantic, who'll flash you a million dollar grin in a heartbeat. *ladies watch out Cool*

Overall, I see Buster as someone who grows up in time. His ways are changeable if necessary, and he's written in show so perfectly, that he's a versatile character, ready to fit any given role or situation.

So what do you think about Buster Baxter? Did you disagree with my thoughts? Why? Leave a comment below to start a discussion, I'd love to hear/read your thoughts!
avatar
TheUltimateCombo

Posts : 41
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17
Location : Aboard the Manta Ray(starship)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:30 am

I actually considered writing a 20 year time skip to Arthur where they are all 28/29 years old. Buster becomes a comedian but is suffering from depression.
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Grunge Guy and The Main Administrator

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-15
Location : Nowhere

View user profile http://arthurpbskids.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by TheUltimateCombo on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:33 am

I think a comedian role would suit Buster well.
And the depression aspect might also suit him sort of well. I mean, he could could be a jokester, but that could simply be a facade.

Oh, something I forgot to add above, Buster and I also share the fact that we're both asthmatic.
avatar
TheUltimateCombo

Posts : 41
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17
Location : Aboard the Manta Ray(starship)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:15 am

TheUltimateCombo wrote:I think a comedian role would suit Buster well.
And the depression aspect might also suit him sort of well. I mean, he could could be a jokester, but that could simply be a facade.

Oh, something I forgot to add above, Buster and I also share the fact that we're both asthmatic.

Really!

It's actually quite common for comedians to suffer from depression. Robin Williams did. Jim Carrey might as well. Same goes for Steve Carell.
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Grunge Guy and The Main Administrator

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-15
Location : Nowhere

View user profile http://arthurpbskids.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Uh, I don't mean to be a party-, you know the rest, I hate saying that word, a wet blanket, a spoil sport or a killjoy and maybe I'm over-reacting but I'm a bit stumbled that Arthur was included in the list of pairings to Buster, considering Arthur and Buster are the same gender.

Do I have the wrong idea or something? I mean I don't always know what I'm talking about and tend to call things like I see them but something just doesn't seem right.

If any of you are opposed to my message and depending on how many people give me a hard time about this, I'm saying good bye, to this forum.

(Now William waits for the firing squad...)
avatar
WillArthurBusterandCarl50

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 32
Location : Tucson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by TheUltimateCombo on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:54 pm

I listed it because people are weird.
I just gave them the option, I don't like the pairing, but I didn't want people to feel "left out". The Shocked face was to make testament to my shock.


Last edited by TheUltimateCombo on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
TheUltimateCombo

Posts : 41
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17
Location : Aboard the Manta Ray(starship)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by TheUltimateCombo on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:55 pm

PS: be careful with what you say, people will hunt you for it.
avatar
TheUltimateCombo

Posts : 41
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17
Location : Aboard the Manta Ray(starship)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:38 pm

WillArthurBusterandCarl50 wrote:Uh, I don't mean to be a party-, you know the rest, I hate saying that word, a wet blanket, a spoil sport or a killjoy and maybe I'm over-reacting but I'm a bit stumbled that Arthur was included in the list of pairings to Buster, considering Arthur and Buster are the same gender.

Do I have the wrong idea or something? I mean I don't always know what I'm talking about and tend to call things like I see them but something just doesn't seem right.

If any of you are opposed to my message and depending on how many people give me a hard time about this, I'm saying good bye, to this forum.

(Now William waits for the firing squad...)

It's okay William. I completely understand because Arthur and Buster are kids on a kids show. Just because you don't like it doesn't make you homophobic. Homophobia is when you hate people for being gay, insult them for being gay, make fun of them for being gay, calling someone gay as an insult, etc. But you not supporting Arthur and Buster doesn't make you homophobic. I honestly don't support it either.

If anyone who supports Arthur X Buster is reading this, I respect the fact that you support it and won't use it against you. I just don't believe in it because I am a Christian. And Christians do NOT hate gay people. They love them just like everyone else. Do not believe those lies Westboro Bapist Church says that "God hates gays." He loves them just as much as everyone else.
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Grunge Guy and The Main Administrator

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-15
Location : Nowhere

View user profile http://arthurpbskids.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:46 pm

TheUltimateCombo wrote:I listed it because people are weird.
I just gave them the option, I don't like the pairing, but I didn't want people to feel "left out". The Shocked face was to make testament to my shock.

Don't worry, just because you don't like it doesn't make you homophobic as I told Will.
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Grunge Guy and The Main Administrator

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-15
Location : Nowhere

View user profile http://arthurpbskids.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by JcRose on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Right!!!
What about the Christians who accept it OR are gay themselves?
avatar
JcRose

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-10-19
Location : In transit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:24 pm

JcRose wrote:Right!!!
What about the Christians who accept it OR are gay themselves?

A childhood friend of mine is both homosexual and is a Christian. I don't care that he is the former.
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Grunge Guy and The Main Administrator

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-15
Location : Nowhere

View user profile http://arthurpbskids.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 pm

I know I'm not allowed on this message after what I did but I just wanted to let you know that I voted for Sue Ellen. I mean I'm still unsure who to pair Buster with but I'm pairing him with Sue Ellen, she seems to be the best for him.
avatar
WillArthurBusterandCarl50

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 32
Location : Tucson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by TheUltimateCombo on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Not allowed? Come again?
avatar
TheUltimateCombo

Posts : 41
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17
Location : Aboard the Manta Ray(starship)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Who said you weren't allowed on here?
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Grunge Guy and The Main Administrator

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-15
Location : Nowhere

View user profile http://arthurpbskids.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:44 pm

I did.
avatar
WillArthurBusterandCarl50

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 32
Location : Tucson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by JcRose on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:52 pm

WillArthurBusterandCarl50 wrote:I know I'm not allowed on this message after what I did but I just wanted to let you know that I voted for Sue Ellen. I mean I'm still unsure who to pair Buster with but I'm pairing him with Sue Ellen, she seems to be the best for him.

Well so do I. I think they are good together Smile
avatar
JcRose

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-10-19
Location : In transit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by FreemanFanfiction on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:42 am

Year of the bunny, huh? Me, i was born in the year of the tiger.
avatar
FreemanFanfiction

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-10-30
Age : 31
Location : Hollis, Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:30 pm

I am the Year of the Dog born in 1994.
avatar
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Grunge Guy and The Main Administrator

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-10-15
Location : Nowhere

View user profile http://arthurpbskids.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Year of the Bunny

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum