Arthur and Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard getting a good story entrance

2 posters

Go down

Hard getting a good story entrance Empty Hard getting a good story entrance

Post by FreemanFanfiction Sat May 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Damn, it's hard making a good story. I can't even get a good entrance. Anyone got any tips?
FreemanFanfiction
FreemanFanfiction

Back to top Go down

Hard getting a good story entrance Empty Re: Hard getting a good story entrance

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 Mon May 23, 2016 9:00 pm

I know it can be hard to come up with a good story and a good way to start and end it or the parts somewhere between, I'm still trying to figure out how to continue my story about George's Crisis. But I say "start with whatever you want."

Like:
Arthur and Buster had just finished watching Bionic Bunny and decided to turn off the TV and went outside to play...

Jane was holding Kate in one arm and talking on her cellphone while shopping at a grocery store talking to, say, Aunt Lucie or someone...

Binky, Molly, Rattles, and Slink climbed the jungle gym they called "The Tower of Pain" to have a meeting...

Arthur, his sisters DW and Kate, and his mother Jane were at the dinner table waiting for David to bring in the dinner he cooked up...

Okay all these ideas stink or may stink but these were some suggestions I just made up out of my head.

On a side note, I plan to be back on Fanfiction.net come July.

Why don't you write your fanfic on this site and depending on what it's about, the content, and if I'm comfortable enough, I'll read it. I won't read it if it's too violent, has intense sexual content, well preferably no amount of it, or strong course language (please let it be limited light cussing or no cussing at all if you want me to read it.)

Rated G and Rated K, Definitely okay, depending on the story and plot

Rated PG and K+ Okay with it depending on the story and plot.

Rated PG13 and T, I have to really think about this before I view this, I may not be comfortable with it.

Rated R and Rated M. No, simple as that.

Rated NC or MA, Definitely Absolutely Not! I'd rather spend a week eating nothing but eggs and pork and beans than do this and I don't even like eggs or pork and beans!

Just a reminder. And I did get off topic and got carried away but have fun on your story!
WillArthurBusterandCarl50

Back to top Go down

Post by FreemanFanfiction Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 pm

If i did finish the story on fanfiction, can i transfer it here? If i can, then how?
FreemanFanfiction
FreemanFanfiction

Back to top Go down

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 Mon May 23, 2016 9:09 pm

Or how about this suggestion I just thought up seconds ago:

Arthur, DW, Kate, and Jane were at the dinner table with food already on it that Jane cooked. They didn't eat because Jane insisted they wait for their father to come home but it is way past dinner time, Arthur and DW are very hungry and DW is more impatient than her siblings Arthur is annoyed and Jane sternly tells DW to be patient. 30 minutes later Jane decides they've waited long enough and they eat, although Arthur feels a little guilty about not waiting for his father and has a hard time enjoying his meal.

About two hours after dinner was supposed to start later David comes home in one piece. The kids are happy to see their father and are relieved he's okay, but Jane wants to know why he was late and David explains.

How about this one? You can use that one, or twist it around a bit, or add/remove parts to/from this.

Back to top Go down

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 Mon May 23, 2016 9:13 pm

FreemanFanfiction wrote:If i did finish the story on fanfiction, can i transfer it here? If i can, then how?

Let's see, you can either copy and paste from fanfiction.net, but you have to go into Manage Stories, go into the copy and paste where you typed or pasted your story, copy it all and then paste it on this site. Do what you would do if you were to edit the story, except don't edit, just copy and paste what you already wrote (unless you want to edit it)

The only other way I know is highlighting what you typed on Microsoft Word or wherever you typed it before putting it on fanfiction.net and then paste it on this site.

By doing this, you'll have your fanfic in more than one place, one copy on FFN and another copy on this site or wherever else you post. That's what I've done with some of my fanfics, some of my fanfics I posted on FFN are also on this website, and one fanfic I did is also on Deviant Art.

As regards to that last idea I left, I guess I'm too late but you are still free to use it, anyone reading can, I don't own the idea, it was just something I cooked up on short notice.

Back to top Go down

Post by FreemanFanfiction Mon May 23, 2016 9:36 pm

Sounds like good advice. Thanks.
FreemanFanfiction
FreemanFanfiction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content