Arthur and Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Shows Are You Currently Watching?

4 posters

Go down

What Shows Are You Currently Watching? Empty What Shows Are You Currently Watching?

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:25 pm

So what shows are you guys are currently watching that are being shown on TV?

For me it's:

Gotham (FOX)
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Discovery Family)
Sonic Boom (Cartoon Network)
The Simpsons (FXX)
Parasyte (Adult Swim)
Naruto: Shippuden (Adult Swim)
One Piece (Adult Swim)
Rugrats (TeenNick, recently renamed "The Splaat!")
Hey Arnold! (The Splaat!)
CatDog (The Splaat!)
Rocket Power (The Splaat!)
Angry Beavers (The Splaat!)
Rocko's Modern Life (The Splaat!)
Hardcore Pawn (truTV)
COPS (various stations)

Last edited by The Pop Cult Gamer on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Grunge Guy and The Main Administrator

https://arthurpbskids.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What Shows Are You Currently Watching? Empty Re: What Shows Are You Currently Watching?

Post by TheUltimateCombo Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Arrow(CW)
The Flash(CW)
Mystery Diners(Food Network)
Family Feud(GSN)
Star Wars Rebels(Disney XD)

Can't really get into Gotham, it's a bit all over the place for me.
TheUltimateCombo
TheUltimateCombo

Back to top Go down

What Shows Are You Currently Watching? Empty Re: What Shows Are You Currently Watching?

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:50 pm

TheUltimateCombo wrote:Arrow(CW)
The Flash(CW)
Mystery Diners(Food Network)
Family Feud(GSN)
Star Wars Rebels(Disney XD)

Can't really get into Gotham, it's a bit all over the place for me.

Oh yeah, I heard all about the Flash.

I could understand why Gotham would be all over the place for you. The show has been getting really brutally with the blood lately.

Sonic Boom is great but the show isn't as good as Sonic X. The show is a little too silly and childish for me. But still enjoyable.

My Little Pony is still great. I really enjoyed last week's episode. Cadence and Shining Armor both one of my favorite ponies.

Parasyte is good so far compared to the previous new animes Adult Swim got this year. The other four shows they got were Kill la Kill, Sword Art Online II (I stopped watching the second half of the original SOA), Michiko and Hatchin and Akame ga Kill. They were all bad, distasteful, extremely disgusting and disturbing. They should make these shows illegal.

All the other shows I have watched in my childhood. Rocko, CatDog, Ren and Stimpy, Angry Beavers, Ed, Edd, n, Eddy and SpongeBob got me into slapstick humor. In a recent Arthur fan fiction I posted on here, I had Molly and the Tough Customers beat up Coach Bellow for rejecting Molly on his team. I don't hate Coach Bellow, I just thought it would be funny if they were to beat him up for not choosing her.

I admit that I find very unusual things funny like characters beating up one another, people getting busted on COPS, people having tantrums on shows like Hardcore Pawn, Greatest Freakout Ever, etc. And repeating parts in videos over and over again on YouTube.
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Grunge Guy and The Main Administrator

https://arthurpbskids.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUltimateCombo Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 am

Flash is a great show. But Barry's love life is all messed up. He seriously has the worst fortune when it comes to girls. I hope that now *Season 1 finale Spoilers* the future where Iris is an Allen will be moot.
But besides that, it's a great show, you should check it out somehow.

I wanted to see how Selina's story works out on Gotham, I saw a clip in a trailer, but I don't want to dig through all of season two. It's boring to me because it's just so dark and gritty, and there's no Batman yet, so I'm a little "What's the point?" about it. I mean, a story in Bruce Wayne's early days could be great, but it should be about Bruce's rise to the Dark Knight. Not James Gordon's rise to Commissioner. Especially if by-the-books Gordon goes dirty(which I inferred from Season 2 premiere).

I don't really watch MLP or Anime, though I've heard of Kill la Kill. A lot of anime seems really...off-putting.

Slapstick can be funny sometimes. I always have a ball when I watch Spongebob. The episodes that aired after Sponge out of Water are pretty okay too.
I liked CatDog a lot too.

I watched a ton of Law and Order: Criminal Intent this year, and a few of the episodes I fell in love with because of Bobby Goren(lead detective). His antics, combined with the smooth interrogations and just straight up catching crooks, it makes me giddy.

I always kind of laugh when the bad guy's gonna get it(y'know, get caught), so I can relate. It's happened with fanfics too, especially super hero ones. If the heroes are ready for a shakedown, I'm waiting on the edge of my seat.

In other news, has anyone seen the new Supergirl series? I like it a lot. Melissa Benoist plays an excellent Kara, and I love how vain and dramatic Calista Flockheart is as Cat Grant. And I totally did not just Google those names to sound smart(I totally did). But the cast is great. I'm a little annoyed that Superman can't show his face(seriously, either make up a Superman actor, or put it in the Movieverse and put in Henry Cavill. Or just cast an actor!), but if the CWverse is making it's own Justice League(Flash, Firestorm, Atom, Green Arrow, Black/White Canary, Vibe, Red Arrow, and I hear Hawkgirl) Supergirl could fit in just fine. And now I have to pick up the 7 inch Arrow and Flash action figures(just the two main heroes) so that when this Justice League does come to light, I can have a representation in my collection. But I might not.

But yeah. Anyone who loves superheroes, check out Supergirl. And The Flash.
TheUltimateCombo
TheUltimateCombo

Back to top Go down

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:04 pm

These are shows I Watch other than Arthur, some Regularly some less Regularly

(Animated)
Fairly Odd Parents (Nickelodeon)
Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs (ION and Netflix)
Rocko's Modern Life (Teen Nick)
Clarence (Cartoon Network)
We Bare Bears ("")
Wabbit ("")
Alllvin and the Chipmunks (Nickelodeon)
Bubble Guppies (Nick Jr.)
Samsam (Netflix)
Care Bears (All Netflix):
-Adventures in Care-a-Lot
-Welcome to Care-a-Lot
-Care Bears and Cousins
- Ups and Downs (but I don't watch this as much)
Maya and Miguel (PBS Kids)
Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood ("")
Super Why! ("")
Curious George ("")
Caillou ("" and PBS Sprout)
The Simpsons (Fox and FX and FXX)
Phineas and Ferb (Disney Channel, Disney XD and Netflix)
SpongeBob Squarepants (Nickelodeon
Doug (Teen Nick) (I'd like to see the Disney version too)
The Garfield Show (Netflix)
The Mr. Peabody and Sherman Show (Netflix)
Bali (Netflix (was on PBS Kids))
Doki (Netflix and ION)
Handy Manny (Disney Jr)
Kim Possible (Disney XD)
64 Zoo Lane (Sprout/ On Demand)
The Busy World of Richard Scary (Sprout/ On Demand)
BusyTown Mysteries (Sprout/ On Demand (was on Netflix))
Thomas and Friends (PBS Kids/Sprout)
Paddington Bear (Sprout/ On Demand)

(Live Action)
The Choo Choo Bob Show (ION)
Full House (Nick at Night)
Sesemae Street (PBS Kids and sometimes)

I also watch these but haven't lately (including some of what I listed above)

(Antimated)
Mixed Nutz (PBS Kids)
The Advenutres of Jimmy Neutron (Nickelodeon)
The Looney Tunes Show (Cartoon Network)
Angelina Ballerina (including AB: The Next Steps) (PBS Kids and PBS Sprout, Netflix, and Amazon)
Stella and Sam (PBS Sprout)
Martha Speaks (PBS Kids)
Braceface (was on Disney Channel, I don't know where they are now)
Rugrats All Grown Up (Nickelodeon and Nicktoons)
Corneil and Bernie (Nicktoons)
My Dad the Rockstar (Nicktoons)
The Weekenders (Disney cartoon)
Fillmore (Disney Cartoon)
6Teen (First on Nick, then on Cartoon Network)
Word Girl (well I only saw a part of it yesterday)
Krypto the Superdog (Cartoon Network)
Underdog (A very old cartoon but still one of my favorites)
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Disney Jr)
Jake and the Neverland Pirates ("")
Wow Wow Wubbzy (Nick Jr.)
Olive the Ostrich (PBS Sprout)
Franklin (pre CGI version) (Nick Jr.)
Franklin and Friends ("")
Chuggington
Guess How Much I Love You

(Live Action)
Night Court
Three's Company
Alf
The Cosby Show
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

I could list more but this is all I'll list for now, I may list more later on.

That's a lot of shows, I know. I don't watch all these everyday, some of them I watch less regularly than others and there are some I haven't watched in a long time either because

-I don't feel like it
-or I'm unable to (because it's not available on TV or on Netflix) My DVD player is also broken and I need a new one and my computer doesn't seem to play DVDs.

I used to watch Rocket Power and Hey Arnold and they were my two of my most favorite cartoons once, now I'm standoffish about those two shows although I have been thinking about going back to watching Hey Arnold, I still dream about that cartoon now and then. If I do, I'm only watching some episodes, not all of them, besides I don't think I can handle Helga being such a meanie to Arnold. Will admit Hey Arnold and Arthur are kind of alike to me but I like Arthur better.

Some of what I listed I've recently started watching and some I'm planning to go back to watching. Even some I haven't watched much or at all lately, like Martha Speaks, I'm likely going to watch them again.

That's all I'll say.

Oh, I did go back to watching Angry Beavers and watched El Chavo Animado but I don't think those show are for me due to the yelling and anger (Angry Beavers) and the violence and arguing (El Chavo Animado)
WillArthurBusterandCarl50

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUltimateCombo Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:19 am

Dude. It may be time to widen your interests...

Now I'm not saying you can't watch cartoons,(because most are awesome! *coughClarence&WBBcough*), but have you tried watching more live action stuff? There are good shows out there. Safe start would be Supergirl and The Flash. Just sayin'...

I used to watch Martha Speaks a lot when I was younger, but most every good show I've watched gets cancelled after two or three years.

Loved The Garfield Show, had excellent animation and humor. Krypto was cool from what I remember, need to find that show online somewhere...

I recently binged the first season of Transformers: Robots in Disguise(2015). Now I hear that season 2 will be its last. *face-palm* And it's such a good show too...

Some older shows I saw recently (online of course) were Legion of Superheroes, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited. Also caught some of The Batman back in October.

But yeah. I watch a lot of shows online and in bulk, so when I finish one show I can sit on that then move to the next a few weeks later. If a show is continuous(a la my live action shows), then I usually wait the day after or next week to watch them.

But, PBS and assorted "Juniors" just aren't for me anymore. In fact, a lot of cartoon network and Nickelodeon just stab me as odd, too. Spongebob I haven't watched in a while due to no new episodes, I got behind on Clarence(I actually like that show), We Bare Bears is... cute. But the fandom's appalling. Mostly because they pair the bears(Brothers, I might add) together. Way. Too. Much.

Oh wait, I forgot a show I saw recently(read: a month or two ago): Be Cool, Scooby-Doo. Yeah, I thought that it was a cool new take on the S-D franchise. I wonder when it's starting back...
TheUltimateCombo
TheUltimateCombo

Back to top Go down

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:55 am

It's nice to know somebody else is still using this forum and I'm glad I took some action.

Well, I do appreciate your concern for me and I won't argue (that will put us both in a bad position and I hate arguing anyhow)

I do like Live Action shows but not as much an animated shows and I'm not as into live action shows anymore. Well is it that or is it this: time.

Well, I'll tell you this much, live action I watch these days is the local news, and sometimes ABC News which can really grind my beans and get under my skin, and I cannot watch the news every time it comes on, especially when I'm in a cruddy mood, hearing of people doing stuff to other people they ought not.

There are some live action shows I did and might still enjoy, like House Hunters, House Hunters International, Diners Drive-Ins and Dives to name a few more.

Thing is, though I don't mind watching some Live Action shows, and I did see one Live Action show on Nickelodeon or Disney but I forget which, oh now I remember, it was I- Carly, the episode where a teenage girl is in trouble with the law but the I Carly members bail her out and she's released to her parents and the teen and her parents invite the I Carly group for dinner, which turns out to be a trap, and that's all I'll say so I don't give away the whole show.

But I'm just more into animation than live action and my interest in live action shows is lower than before. Then again, maybe I've become enslaved to animation.

Back then it used to be fun to watch TV all day long and what kid doesn't like doing that (well some kids don't care for TV and some have periods where they give up TV but then go back to it, I was one of them.) Though I still like TV and I won't lie I do and life almost stinks without it (nonscense, I know) I came to the realization that watching it all day isn't fun anymore, and it can a be a distraction when I try to do things like artwork and fanfiction writing. My alternative is listening to music, although I have to avoid lyric music when writing stories. When doing art, lyric music is okay.

And with the little time I spend watching TV, I'm more likely to pick a cartoon than a live action show.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I do like Saved By the Bell, although I like the theme song better than the rest of the show, same with Night Court. But in SBTB, I like that "It's all right, 'cause I'm saved by the bell." I also like how the verses go, like "When I wake up in the morning and the alarm gives a warning I don't think that I will make it on time..." as well as "...I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by..."

I still watch live action shows, but to be honest with myself and others, I'm way more into animation and want to enjoy animated shows while I still can. Plus live action is all around me, well us, I don't have to watch it on TV or in a movie.

Then again, maybe I'm addicted to animated shows and could stop. But life is so short and I don't want to give up cartoons and risk not going back to watching them due to circumstances beyond my control.

Changing the subject (but I do appreciate your concern and opinion and will respect it) I feel you on good shows getting cancelled after some time.

Like, I wasn't happy to find out they cancelled, or ended The Looney Tune Show, I really loved at and wanted more episodes.

I also wasn't happy to hear that Phineas and Ferb ended but it was time for them to go. I also miss Rugrats All Grown Up, and Maya and Miguel. Well, I've taken into my stride they've ended but it would be nice if they had more episodes, and if Maya and Miguel had a movie.

At least some cartoons like Arthur, Bubble Guppies, and Fairly Odd Parents are still airing, and of course, the Simpsons, but that show I have to really be careful with, and sometimes I have to not watch that show for a while.

I'll admit I'm not as into SpongeBob anymore though when I suffered from deep depression ten years ago, that show really came in handy for me. I never thought SpongeBob could be my favorite cartoon but it became so then. I've grown out of it somewhat but wouldn't mind watching it now and then and I know there are some new episodes of that show, a few days ago I saw some episodes I never saw before (unless they aired a longer time ago than that and I kind of believe that they did).

I'm not into Scooby Doo to tell you the truth and my conscience doesn't let me watch that show, at least not much of it. I started watching Scooby in 1988 when I was 2 years old, it was the Scooby and Scrappy show, and I don't know how you feel about Scrappy Dappy Doo but I don't really like him all that much and my mother doesn't either. I like the Scooby series better without him and I did see the Scooby Doo Show later that same year.

The first Scooby and Scrappy episode I saw was about the Dragon Beast, that episode with Mr. Husai, and paired with episode was the episode about the Devil Bear.

The first Scooby Doo Show episode I saw was about the Spector named Ebenezer, paired with the episode about Katazuma and that "live" statue or idol, which wasn't really alive. And I noticed in that show that Scrappy was missing.

I also did enjoy Scooby Doo Where are You in third grade, I even used to sing the theme song to that show! Don't ask me why but my favorite part of the song was "Come on Scooby Doo, I see you, pretending you got a sliver" especially the "sliver" part. And I thought they said "The way you shake in shimmer" when it wasn't "shimmer," it was "shiver" which I liked better. I also liked "You're gonna have yourself a Scooby Snack, that's a fact"

I liked the original theme song better, I didn't like the newer one as much.

But sorry I'm not generally into Scooby Doo and I hated the Scooby Doo live action movies, like the one that came out in 2002.

I guess you and I are very different, but thankfully there are a few things we have in common. Plus, you don't have Asperger's Syndrome (well, I know that has nothing to do with anything, I'm just saying that, and I've been told I cannot use that as an excuse or blame it on things, and I'll admit that's true.)

Maybe someday I'll regain my interest in live action shows again, but I just want to enjoy animated shows while I still can and I never want to stop liking or watching them and hope I never outgrow cartoon watching in general.

Back to top Go down

Post by dm7111722 Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:33 am

Star Wars Rebels

Power Rangers: Dino Charge (rewatching all other seasons)

Magic School Bus (rewatching)

Arthur (obviously XD awaiting Season 20)

Digimon Fusion (English dub) and tri.

Haven't been watching Rebels Season 2 lately, but it has been epic in the first few episodes I've watched. And here's a surprise. Season Three confirmed!

Dino Charge is about to premiere its final episode this Sunday, but 20 more episodes will be waiting to air in Dino Supercharge next February.

Digimon Fusion Season 2 had ended a few months ago, but I think Season 3 is coming next year as well. Watched the first part of tri and I'm really pumped up for more!

dm7111722

Back to top Go down

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:08 pm

I watched "In the Heat of the Night" today (I usually only watch it because of what's at the beginning of the opening them but today I decided to watch the whole show.) This was about a woman being pushed over a railroad-overpass.

I probably shouldn't have watched it because I was having an emotionally bad day today and I broke down and cried twice, once when I woke up this morning and again during the 5 o'clock news. I was depressed today.

But other than that I just wanted to let you know I did take time out to watch a Live Action show, something I don't do much anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum