Arthur and Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songfic: "The Girl is Mine" by James MacDonald and Buster Baxter

4 posters

Go down

Songfic: "The Girl is Mine" by James MacDonald and Buster Baxter Empty Songfic: "The Girl is Mine" by James MacDonald and Buster Baxter

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:08 am

(Previously posted on Deviant Art, being reposted on this site.)

Songfic: "The Girl is Mine" by James MacDonald and Buster Baxter James_and_buster_signing_the_girl_is_mine_by_willm3luvtrains-d9dqust

James MacDonald and Buster Baxter in “The Girl is Mine”

An ARTHUR Fan Fiction Story and Song-Fic
Disclaimer:
I do not own ARTHUR or any of the ARTHUR Characters in this story, the ARTHUR characters belong to Author Marc T. Brown and P.B.S. Kids.  The lyrics below are also borrowed and do not belong to me.

The Story:
James MacDonald, now 22 years old, and Buster Baxter, now 26 years old, have been friends with each other.  Now they’ve run into a problem, they’re both in love.  With who?  They’re in love with the same girl!  And you’ll never guess who that girl is!  They’re in love with Dora Winifred (D.W.) Read, who is also 22 years old!  Yes, somehow Buster has fallen in love with his best friend’s sister, and he hasn’t always been too fond of her because of her obnoxiousness, and he’s four years older than her, not that it matters.  James, on the other hand, is D.W.’s age.  James didn’t always love D.W. and just saw her as a friend, but now, he’s fallen for her and his heart is really beating for her!  James and Buster really want the same girl, so it’s Boy Rabbit V.S. Boy Rabbit, and one of these boys is going to have D.W.  Who will win and end up with her?  Will James and Buster accept the other’s win and remain friends with each other after it’s all said and done?  Or could this be the end of James and Buster’s friendship?  And if it ends, will they ever make up, or will they remain enemies forever?

James and Buster will sing a song previously performed by Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney.  Guess which one has Jackson’s parts and which one does McCartney’s parts.  Let’s see how they work this out.  Remember, James and Buster are now full grown men and their voices have since changed so (unless you want to still imagine them having the voices they have) try to imagine what they might sound like.  Note, they do not sound like Jackson or McCartney.  Also, I am changing and tweaking the lyrics just a little and adding a little more to the lyrics than there actually is.

One more note, for those of you who are not in love with the idea of DWxBuster, you can imagine James and Buster singing about another girl, whether it's one of the other Arthur characters or make up a girl. Or you can just see this as James and Buster as singing Karaoke.

Lyrics:
(Verse 1)
James: Every night she walks right in my dreams
Since I met her from the start
I’m so proud I am the only one
Who is special in her heart
(Chorus)
The girl is mine
The doggone girl is mine.
I know she’s mine,

(Verse 2)
Buster: I can’t understand the way you think
Saying that she’s yours, not mine.
Sending roses and your silly dreams,
Really just a waste of time.
(Chorus)
Because she’s mine.
Don’t waste your time.
Because the doggone girl is mine.

(Bridge)
Buster again: I love you more than he.
(Take you anywhere.)
James: But I love you endlessly
(Love that we will share)
James and Buster: So come and go with me
Two on the town.
James: But we
Both cannot have her,
So it’s
One or the other.
And one
Day you’ll discover
That she’s
My girl,
Forever and ever!

(Verse 3)
Buster: Don’t build your hopes to be let down,
‘Cause I’m really sure it’s time
James: I know she’ll tell you I’m the one for her,
‘Cause she said I blow her mind
(Chorus)
The girl is mine.
I know she’s mine,

Buster: She’s mine.
James: She’s mine.
Buster: No, no, no she’s mine.
James: The girl is mine.
Buster: Girl is mine.
Buster: The girl is mine.

Buster again: The girl is mine.
James: Mine, mine.
Buster:  Yep she’s mine.
Buster: The girl is mine.
Buster: Yes she’s mine.

James again: Don’t waste your time,
Because the doggone girl is mine.
Girl is mine.
Girl is mine.
Girl is mine.
(Spoken)
Buster: James, we’re not gonna fight about this, okay?
James: Buster, I think I told you, “I’m a lover not a fighter.”
Buster: Ehh!  I’ve heard it all before James, she said I was her forever lover, you know. Don’t you remember?
James: Well, after loving me, she said she couldn’t love another.
Buster: Is that what she said?
James: Yes, she said it.  You keep dreaming!
(Sung)
Buster: I don’t believe it!
Buster: I can’t believe you!
Buster: You’ve got to be kidding me!
Buster: No.
James: The girl is mine, mine, mine.
Buster: No mine.
James:  No mine.
Buster: She’s mine, mine, mine, mine, mine.
James:  Mine, mine, mine, mine.
The girl is mine, mine, mine, mine.
Buster: No, the girl is mine, mine, mine.
James: Mine, mine, mine.  

Well after James and Buster get done singing this song to each other and to D.W., now let’s see who D.W. actually wants because she does like them both, but is in love with one of them.  And do you know who she chooses?

Yes, James is her man, James wins!  Buster, well, he accepts it, gets over D.W. is happy for James, and ends up with Muffy and discovers that he loves her even more than he ever loved D.W. and is glad he didn’t end up with her.  James is happy with D.W. and marries her and Buster marries Muffy. (or we can pair Buster with Sue Ellen or Ladonna of whomever you want) Plus, Buster and James remain friends with each other forever.

The End
Disclaimer 2: This doesn’t really happen, this is all fake!  Buster never fell in love with D.W. to begin with and I don’t think he ever will in a million years!  But hopefully James and D.W. will fall in love with each other, when they’re old enough, and get married and maybe start a family.  

Now Buster, I don’t know if he’ll ever marry Muffy, it’s possible.  Or maybe Buster will marry another rabbit that is of course female.

This was all written just for fun.  I mean for some time, after ordering Michael Jackson’s album Thriller and listening to Michael and Paul, I’ve been imagining other males singing this song with each other, namely cartoon characters like Timmy Turner and Jimmy Neutron, or believe it or not, Timmy Turner from Fairly Odd Parents and Buster Baxter.  Then finally, out of the blue, I decided to have James and Buster do this.  I’ll bet this is the last thing you expected between James and Buster.  Plus, since McCartney was older than Jackson, until poor Jackson died, I had James do Jackson’s parts, and Buster do McCartney’s, because Buster is older than James.

If you’re a good artist, I’d like to see a Fan-Art picture of Buster Baxter and James MacDonald grown up, James still wearing glasses.  Maybe even a picture of D.W. and James (grown up of course) married to each other, and perhaps Buster, married to Muffy, or Sue Ellen, or any female, even a made-up one.  Although in my honest opinion, I don’t think Janna makes a good wife for him.  I also might try to do some artwork of this myself.

Thanks for reading.[/b]

Last edited by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:35 am; edited 2 times in total
WillArthurBusterandCarl50

Back to top Go down

Songfic: "The Girl is Mine" by James MacDonald and Buster Baxter Empty Re: Songfic: "The Girl is Mine" by James MacDonald and Buster Baxter

Post by JcRose Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:49 am

Yay an Arthur fic with two legendary musicians included. "The girl is mine" is awesome.
So Buster likes DW? that is a new pairing but I am sure he will find love with someone....
JcRose
JcRose

Back to top Go down

Songfic: "The Girl is Mine" by James MacDonald and Buster Baxter Empty Re: Songfic: "The Girl is Mine" by James MacDonald and Buster Baxter

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:36 am

Thanks. And I just added an image, a drawing I just made. It's also posted on Deviant Art.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Dawww! Adult Buster likes Adult D.W.!

I sing too! It's actually one of my hobbies other than drawing, collecting action figures, etc.

Btw, that alien on Buster's shirt reminds me of Shuma-Gorath, an obscure Marvel villain from Doctor Strange.
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Grunge Guy and The Main Administrator

https://arthurpbskids.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:36 am

The Pop Cult Gamer wrote:Dawww! Adult Buster likes Adult D.W.!

I sing too! It's actually one of my hobbies other than drawing, collecting action figures, etc.

Btw, that alien on Buster's shirt reminds me of Shuma-Gorath, an obscure Marvel villain from Doctor Strange.

Maybe I'll do one drawing of BusterXDW just for fun. It won't be official, but hypothetical. Then again, what if Buster really did have a crush on DW. And what if DW was in love with Buster? And if so, will they admit it to each other, or talk to their friends and to their relations about it? (When I say relations, I mean "relatives", e.g. Arthur's relations are his father David, his sisters DW and Kate, and his mother Jane and Buster's relations are his mother Bitzi and his father Bo.) Plus I heard the word "Relations" in at least two R&B songs, at least I think one of them is R&B. The songs were "When we get Married" by Larry Graham and "Being with You" by Smokey Robinson (one of my favorite singers!)

I've seen aliens, well pictures and videos of aliens but never heard of Shuma-Gorath although I am a little familiar with Marvel. Don't think I know Dr. Strange either.

I too like to sing too, I even like to sing falsetto! I'm tone deaf though, you don't want to hear me, but I don't let if stop me, but I usually like to sing when I'm alone and where I'm sure I'm not going to be heard by others.

Stay tuned for more Song Fics by Arthur characters. I'd like to post "Opposites Attract" by Francine and Buster.

I'd also like to have DW and James do "Baby it's Cold Outside" and maybe "Endless Love" (performed by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie and later Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross,) I might also have Arthur and Francine perform it although I think the idea of James and DW doing that song sounds better.

Back to top Go down

Post by WillArthurBusterandCarl50 Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:38 am

Maybe I'll do one drawing of BusterXDW just for fun. It won't be official, but hypothetical. Then again, what if Buster really did have a crush on DW. And what if DW was in love with Buster? And if so, will they admit it to each other, or talk to their friends and to their relations about it? (When I say relations, I mean "relatives", e.g. Arthur's relations are his father David, his sisters DW and Kate, and his mother Jane and Buster's relations are his mother Bitzi and his father Bo.) Plus I heard the word "Relations" in at least two R&B songs, at least I think one of them is R&B. The songs were "When we get Married" by Larry Graham and "Being with You" by Smokey Robinson (one of my favorite singers!)

I've seen aliens, well pictures and videos of aliens but never heard of Shuma-Gorath although I am a little familiar with Marvel. Don't think I know Dr. Strange either.

I too like to sing too, I even like to sing falsetto! ...not just with my real voice. I'm tone deaf though, you don't want to hear me, but I don't let if stop me, but I usually like to sing when I'm alone and where I'm sure I'm not going to be heard by others!

Stay tuned for more Song Fics by Arthur characters. I'd like to post "Opposites Attract" by Francine and Buster.

I'd also like to have DW and James do "Baby it's Cold Outside" and maybe "Endless Love" (performed by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie and later Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross,) I might also have Arthur and Francine perform it although I think the idea of James and DW doing that song sounds better.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:46 am

WillArthurBusterandCarl50 wrote:

I too like to sing too, I even like to sing falsetto! I'm tone deaf though, you don't want to hear me, but I don't let if stop me, but I usually like to sing when I'm alone and where I'm sure I'm not going to be heard by others.

Hmm...I am thinking about Song Fics by Arthur characters too? I would have Yo Yo Ma in the Arthur Universe sing "Them Bones" by Alice in Chains using screenshots from "My Music Rules." Believe it or not, Layne Staley's singing voice actually suits Yo Yo Ma quite well!
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Pop Cult Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUltimateCombo Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:37 am

I sometimes think about how a song fits a fanfic, be it my own, or someone else's. I'd probably never write a songfic, but there are some songs that would fit certain portrayals of Arthur's world in the fandom.

That said, I've never heard a song that reminds me purely of Arthur.

However...*to be continued*
TheUltimateCombo
TheUltimateCombo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pop Cult Gamer Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:29 am

TheUltimateCombo wrote:I sometimes think about how a song fits a fanfic, be it my own, or someone else's. I'd probably never write a songfic, but there are some songs that would fit certain portrayals of Arthur's world in the fandom.

That said, I've never heard a song that reminds me purely of Arthur.

However...*to be continued*

This song kinda reminds me of Arthur due to the harmonica. It's one of Alice in Chain's saddest songs. Behind Nutshell, Dirt (the song) and Down in a Hole.
The Pop Cult Gamer
The Pop Cult Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down